Cooking, without a doubt, is a very fulfilling form of art. Preparing a tasty dish with the right ingredients requires skill and dedication. And it also requires elegant and durable cookware. Today you can find a lot of cookware options in the market.
But what if you want your cookware to have a classic look and be easy to use?
This is where ceramic cookware comes into play.
Much like cast iron and stainless steel cookware, ceramic cookware has a significant customer base that is now growing in India. Some of the best ceramic cookware sets are available at an affordable price in the market. Many brands compete to produce high-quality products for customers.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the most amazing ceramic cookware in India. We will also study the different aspects of these products.
Top 5 Ceramic Cookware in India (2021)
|Impex Pearl Ceramic Cookware||Kadai Pan, Frypan, Saucepan & Spatulas||Check On Amazon|
|Nirlon Ceramic Cookware Set||Kadai pan, Casserole||Check On Amazon|
|iBell Ceramic Cookware Set||Tawa, Frypan, Casserole||Check On Amazon|
|Hawkins Ceramic Coated Pressure Cooker||Pressure Cooker||Check On Amazon|
|iBELL Ceramic Frying Pan||Frypan||Check On Amazon|
Review of Best Ceramic Cookware
The following products are the most amazing ceramic cookware sets you can find online. All critical features of the products, along with their pros and cons, are explained here.
1. Impex Pearl-KSF484 Ceramic Cookware Set
- Kadhai pan with diameter 24-cm
- Frypan with diameter 24-cm
- Saucepan with diameter 18-cm
- Four different spatulas present in the entire set
- Suitable for use on an induction cooktop
- Provided with anti-skid glass lid for kadhai and fry pan
- Triple-layer non-stick ceramic coating
- Resistant to water
- Heat resistant handles
- 1-year manufacturer warranty on the product
BRILLIANT DESIGN OF THE COOKWARE
The cookware has been crafted by using durable aluminum along with a triple-layer ceramic coating. Furthermore, it comes with a non-stick surface. Every cookware product in the set is designed to be water-resistant. Metal spoons are usable in the cookware.
SUITABLE FOR INDUCTION, ELECTRIC & GAS STOVES
This cookware set can be used easily on induction, electric, and gas cooktops. The bottom of each cookware comes with a 2.5-mm thick induction base. It helps to spread the heat evenly throughout the cookware. You can rest assured that the temperature will get distributed and absorbed evenly.
- It is compatible with induction, electric, and gas cooktops.
- Four different spatulas are present in the set.
- The cookware has a durable, water-resistant body.
- Heat resistant coating to ensure safe handling of the cookware.
- Bakelite handles to ensure a firm and safe grip.
- The cookware has a spiral bottom for even heat distribution and absorption.
- It cannot be used under high temperature but evenly distributes heat.
- Knives, forks, whisks cannot get used, but metal spoons are usable.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COOKWARE?
For starters, you get three cookware products along with four spatulas. Each has durable non-stick characteristics. Let’s not forget the cooktop flexibility of each one. Do we need to say more?
2. Nirlon’s Non-Stick Ceramic Cookware Set
- Kadhai pan with diameter 20-cm
- Casserole with diameter 26-cm
- Glass lid for each product
- Crafted with durable aluminum in 5 layers
- Provided with two-way non-stick ceramic coating
- Heat resistant bakelite handles
- Easy to clean design
- Suitable to be used with a metal spoon
- One year manufacturer warranty on all products
- Returnable within ten days of purchase
DURABLE AND SAFE OPERATION
Nirlon has crafted this product using durable aluminum. Five layers of aluminum get used to designing the product. Furthermore, the cookware has a 2-way non-stick ceramic coating. Also, you get bakelite heat-resistant handles for a safe and firm grip.
APPEALING DESIGN FOR EVERYONE
Both cookware products have a bright orange coating. This design is very appealing to customers. Furthermore, both products are present with glass lids. This feature is not very common in cookware sets.
- 2-way non-stick ceramic coating.
- Five layers of aluminum used to craft the cookware.
- Heat-resistant bakelite handles.
- It is easy to clean the exteriors.
- Glass lid provided for both cookwares.
- Compatible with Induction Cooktops.
- The cookware set includes only one Kadai and one Casserole.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COOKWARE?
If you are looking for the right ceramic cookware within the budget, this is the one for you. Enjoy healthy cooking since extra butter and oil are not required to make the cookware non-stick. Once the food is ready, clean the cookware with ease.
3. iBELL’s CS28C Ceramic Cookware Set
- Cookware with a capacity of 6-litres
- 3mm thickness of cookware
- Durable heat resistant design
- Non-stick ceramic surface
- Compatible with both gas stoves and induction cooktop
- Heat resistant bakelite handles
- Cookware provided with glass lid
- Designed to be lightweight for more comfortable handling
- Triple-layer ceramic coating
- 6-months warranty on the product
EXCELLENT COOKING FLEXIBILITY
You can use this cookware on both induction cooktops and gas stoves. The product gets designed to provide such flexibility. An induction base is inbuilt into the cookware that ensures even heat distribution. Enjoy the cooking experience regardless of your heating source type.
SAFETY IS THE PRIORITY
This cookware gets designed to be heat resistant to the exterior. The 3mm thickness attributes to this feature. Furthermore, the handles are of bakelite type that do not absorb heat. So you can enjoy a completely safe cooking experience.
- Suitable for both induction cooktop and gas stoves.
- It is present with a glass lid.
- Triple-layer non-stick ceramic coating.
- Cookware exterior gets designed to be heat resistant.
- Bakelite handles of the cookware ensure safety and firm grip.
- Cookware is not suitable for high heat but evenly distributes the heat.
- Cookware is not suited for ovens but is usable on other cooktops.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COOKWARE?
This cookware is a favorite amongst the customers. Its durable, lightweight designs help in easy and efficient cooking. And let’s not forget the non-stick ceramic surface promoting healthy food. All these features make this product one of the best ceramic cookware in India for 2021.
4. Hawkins Contura Ceramic Coated Pressure Cooker
- Cookware with a capacity of 3-litres
- Designed with a black base for faster and efficient heat absorption
- Exterior body provided with non-toxic ceramic coating
- 3.25mm thick base
- Lightweight, durable design
- Guaranteed to be scratch and stain-free
- The metallic rim at mouth of cooker
- Compatible with gas stoves
- Apple shape design for more comfortable handling
- 5-years warranty on the product
BRILLIANT USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN
This cooker gets designed to be of an apple shape. It is crafted to be lightweight and has a metallic rim for additional safety. Ceramic coating is present on the exterior and the base. The 3-liters capacity makes it the best ceramic cookware for medium-sized Indian families.
PERFECT COOKWARE FOR GAS STOVE
The cooker is suitable for use on a gas stove. It has a 3.25mm thick base that facilitates the same. The black base absorbs the heat fast and retains it pretty well. So enjoy a satisfying cooking experience with this cooker.
- Lightweight and durable design.
- Extra safety gets guaranteed due to metallic rim at the mouth.
- The black base ensures faster heating.
- The cooker gets designed to retain heat perfectly.
- A 5-year warranty is present on the product.
- Scratch-free and stain-free design.
- Not compatible with induction cooktops but suited for gas stoves.
- Not suitable for high heat but is efficient in retaining heat.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COOKWARE?
In the Indian kitchen, a pressure cooker is irreplaceable cookware. Add to this the additional safety due to the metallic rim. And let’s not forget the more considerable warranty and its capability of retaining heat.
5. iBELL Induction Base Ceramic Frying Pan
- Suitable for induction cooktops
- Ideal for cooking on gas stoves
- Durable aluminum body
- Body of cookware designed to be 2.5mm thick
- Crafted to heat up quickly
- Sturdy handles for a firm grip
- Handles designed to be heat resistant
- Non-stick cooking surface
- Designed to be easy to clean
- Six months standard warranty on the product
FLEXIBILITY OF USING
Being an induction cookware, it works both on both induction cooktops and gas stoves. Ibell designed this product to provide such flexibility. The magnetic induction base ensures even heat distribution. Thus, maximize your cooking experience regardless of the heating source.
BRILLIANT USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES
The pan gets equipped with a sturdy handle for a firm grip. This handle gets designed to be heat resistant for the safety of the user. Furthermore, the non-stick nature of the pan helps inefficient cooking. The base absorbs the flame quickly and is capable of retaining it.
- Suitable for both gas stoves and induction cooktops.
- Sturdy heat resistant handles for better handling.
- The base is capable of heating up fast.
- The pan gets designed to be durable.
- The non-stick surface of the cookware ensures efficient cooking.
- No lid is present, but this is common for frying pans.
- It cannot be used to store food but ensures efficient cooking.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COOKWARE?
When it comes to frying pans, this is one of the best ceramic cookware in the Indian market. Enjoy the cooktop flexibility along with the non-stick features. You can also enjoy an additional 6-months warranty after free registration.
Benefits of Ceramic Cookware
Ceramic cookware is one of the many cookware sought after by customers. The others include non-stick, stainless steel, hard anodized, and cast iron cookware. The rest get outshone due to a host of reasons. Some of them are present below.
- Ceramic cookware is entirely eco-friendly. Even a good non-stick cookware should not be subjected to high heat. It destroys the Teflon coating of the cookware and makes the food harmful for consumption. Ceramic cookware, when subjected to high heat, does lose its characteristics but does not react with the food. It is entirely safe to cook in this cookware.
- This cookware gets crafted to have heat resistant exteriors. As such, there is guaranteed safety when using one. Furthermore, the handles allow a firm grip to facilitate efficient cooking.
- Some of the best ceramic cookware in India is suitable for both induction cooktops and gas stoves. This feature gives you the flexibility of using a cooktop for your cooking.
- Ceramic cookware lasts for a long time. Its durability is one of its most appreciated features. When taken care of properly, ceramic cookware would last as long as 10-years.
Ceramic vs. Hard Anodized Cookware
|Point of consideration||Ceramic cookware||Hard anodized cookware|
|Underlying material||Crafted using ceramic material||Crafted using aluminum|
|Heat tolerance||Higher heat tolerance-about 850oF||Lower heat tolerance-about 450oF|
|Safety||Safe to use and eco-friendly||Non-stick hard anodized cookware is not very safe.|
|Cleaning mechanism||Is washable by hand||Is washable in a dishwasher|
|Price||Costs more than hard anodized cookware||Costs less than ceramic cookware|
Buying Guide for Ceramic Cookware
The following are some of the factors you need to check when buying ceramic cookware. Keeping these factors in consideration ensures that you purchase the best one from the lot.
1. CAPACITY OF THE COOKWARE
When buying ceramic cookware, be sure to check its size. In the case of a pot, capacity gets measured in liters. The capacity of a pan gets measured concerning its diameter. The ideal capacity of the cookware for you will depend on the size of your family. A larger capacity will result in a higher price. Such details are present in the packaging of the cookware.
2. COOKTOP COMPATIBILITY
Quite a few ceramic cookwares are compatible with induction cooktops. But most are compatible with gas stoves. Depending on the heating source available, choose the ideal cookware. Cooktop compatibility of cookware is available on the packaging.
3. EASE OF CLEANING
Proper cleaning is essential for the maintenance of cookware. Get an idea of how easy it is to clean the cookware. A lot of it depends on the design of the product. Ceramic cookware is generally not dishwasher-friendly. So its design must be easily cleanable because you are washing it by hand.
Cookware must provide guaranteed protection to the users. In the case of ceramic cookware, it comes in the form of heat-resistant bakelite handles. Furthermore, the exterior surface gets designed to be heat resistant. Check whether all these or one of these features are present in the cookware.
The durable ceramic cookware has an inbuilt metal skeleton. Over the aluminum surface, a ceramic coating is present. Such a design ensures the long life of the product. Also, consider the guarantee years before making the purchase.
At the end of the day, we all want products with a more considerable warranty. It gets us covered against any potential damages to the cookware. So remember to check the assurance of the product. It is ideal to select one with a more considerable warranty period.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can ceramic cookware be used on gas and induction stoves?
Yes, ceramic cookware is usable on both gas and induction stoves. It depends entirely on the design of the cookware. Induction-compatible cookware will have a thick induction base.
Some of the cookware gets designed to be compatible with both induction and gas stoves. Such products are much sought after by the customers. The details regarding the same are present on the packaging of the product.
Is our ceramic cookware dishwasher safe?
Most ceramic cookware is suited to get used in dishwashers. But experts advise customers to hand wash them. Ceramic cookware comes with a non-stick coating. Also, a ceramic coating is present. These coatings tend to get damaged when subjected to a dishwasher. Hence it is good to wash the cookware by hand to help them retain its original characteristics.
How long does ceramic cookware last?
Ceramic cookware generally lasts 3 to 5 years. This cookware gets crafted with an aluminum body along with a non-stick ceramic coating. Combined, all these features increase its long life.
With regular usage, even the best ceramic cookware sets degrade. But proper maintenance helps them last longer. Before purchase, make sure to check the warranty period on the product. This feature also increases its long life.
How to season ceramic cookware?
Regular seasoning is essential to ensure the long life of your ceramic cookware. The following are the easiest ways to season the products. You will only need a little cooking oil, a soft cloth, soap, and warm water.
Start by cleaning the cookware with soap and a soft cloth. Then wash the cookware and dry it using a soft cloth. Apply a little cooking oil on your cookware’s interior surface and spread it evenly. Then heat up the cookware for about 20 minutes. Afterward, let it cool down at room temperature. Once cooled, remove any leftover oil using a soft cloth.
Following this routine daily ensures the long life of the cookware.
Is ceramic cookware better than non-stick?
Compared to regular non-stick cookware, ceramic ones are indeed a better choice. Much ceramic cookware does have a non-stick surface. However, it is better in some aspects.
For instance, ceramic cookware has better heat-retaining capabilities. Also, the heat-resistant nature of these cookware allows you to use them over high heat. This feature is absent in the case of non-stick cookware. But, ceramic cookware is more expensive than its non-stick counterparts.
How to clean ceramic cookware?
Most ceramic cookware gets designed to be easy to clean. However, it is advisable to wash them by hand. Such washing helps them retain their trademark features.
Wash the cookware using soap and warm water. Use a soft cloth to dry and scrub the product. In case there is food sticking to the cookware, soak it in water for 30 minutes. Then clean using a soft cloth or a paper towel.
So we learned a lot about ceramic cookware today. Looking for some of the best ceramic cookware in India, then select one from the list. You will be able to find a product from a good cookware brand here. Enjoy efficient cooking using these elegant products.
Go through the buying guide and reviews. It will help you choose suitable cookware from the list for 2021. Right cookware is second to none. We hope this article will be able to guide you in choosing your ideal one.
- Best Tawa for making Dosa (Everything You Must Know)
- Top 10 Cutlery Set Brands in India
- All About The Best Grill Pans in India