For all of us who are looking for a great alfresco barbecue session with our close friends and family, the grilling pan is a must-have. You can still enjoy it if you get the best grill pan in India that cooks your delicious meats and veggies choices, now don’t allow any weather or other issues to ruin your wonderful cooking session.
Although our top pick will be Wonderchef Royal Velvet Aluminum Grill Pan because of its higher-end features with a budget-friendly cost that won’t burn a hole in your pocket. It’s equipped with both high-end specs and ergonomic features to give you an all-round cooking experience for your diet. It doesn’t mean that other products are low end, if you have an estimated budget, you can go for anything that suits your needs and requirements, because different products are based on different users because each consumer has a distinctive taste when it comes to buying a grill pan in 2021.
The types, sizes, and components of the grill are different for each customer when buying a grill pan on the market. So we’ve been thoroughly analyzing by diving into the ocean, so you don’t have to do that. Read this article to learn about the grill pans that give you overall experience and efficiency.
The Best Grill Pans in India (2021)
|Wonderchef Granite Grill Pan||Aluminum||Check On Amazon|
|Prestige Grill Pan||Die-cast||Check On Amazon|
|Impex Grill Pan||Die-cast||Check On Amazon|
|Wonderchef Royal Velvet Grill Pan||Aluminium||Check On Amazon|
|Alpha Induction Base Grill Pan||Cast Iron||Check On Amazon|
Review of the Best Grill Pans
1. Wonderchef Granite Aluminum Non-Stick Grill Pan
- It is non-resistant and non-toxic.
- The package in the box includes 1- Grill pan.
- It’s easy to clean and take care of.
- Suitable for all kinds of cooking utensils and stoves.
- Inspired by Italian designs and German standards.
- It comes with a trendy and attractive granite finish.
- Rapidly heats for faster cooking and saves energy and time.
- Comes with an excellent 2-year warranty service against malfunctions.
- Fitted with Virgin Aluminum for extra thick outstanding durability.
- It’s made of 5 Level Professional Grade MetaTuff non-stick coating (PFOA Free).
Wonderchef is a well-known brand in the cooking industry, founded by Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor, one of India’s finest chefs. Wonderchef has recently launched some high-quality products. I adored the standards and the finishing of the goods because they looked very premium and opulent to use.
Wonderchef ensures that their utensils are sturdy and durable as they come with “5 Level Professional Grade MetaTuff non-stick coating” for minimal oil cooking. As they are subjected to all kinds of checks to ensure a long life. They also keep in mind the necessary health requirements, since they are free from PFOA, lead, and other toxic substances during heating. You can depend on this for your day to day cooking as you can cook all kinds of food items for an all-round experience.
These cooking appliances are designed to be suitable for ceramic cooktops, gas stoves, infrared cooktops, as well as induction cooktops. It’s easy to clean and take care of. It also comes with a wonderful Wonderchef guarantee that guarantees you a free service against malfunctions during the standard service period.
- Arrives with good 2-year warranty service.
- Ergonomic handling makes cooking easier.
- Made with Pure Grade Virgin Aluminum.
- Suitable with all kinds of hearting sources.
- Fitted with MetaTuff non-stick coating for durability.
- Heat conductivity is spread swiftly and evenly for better cooking.
- Prolonged oil stains are a bit difficult to clean.
- Many user reviews state that it’s not induction friendly.
Also: Read: Health Benefits of Granite Cookware
2. Prestige Die-Cast Plus Square Grill Pan
- The package in the box contains 1 grill pan.
- It is built with an induction base for full flexibility.
- Produced with a die casting process for durability.
- It comes with a heat-resistant handle for protection
- Protected by a one-year warranty for enchanted use.
- Suitable for both gas stoves and induction-based cooktops.
- It is fitted with an unparalleled heat indicator for added protection.
- There comes a 3-layer non-stick coating.
- It comes with an elegant and stylish black color that adds value to your kitchen.
- It is fitted with a beefy foundation for energy savings and uniform heat delivery.
Prestige needs no introduction as one of the giants in the cooking industry. Made of extreme die-cast aluminum for heavy-duty use. Most of the grill pans have low sides, but this has a few high sides that help you avoid splattering whether you use it on any heat source. The high side comes in handy to add sauces or other liquids when grilling and also makes your job easier when grilling any juicy meat.
The 3-layer non-stick coating helps food to get better cooked without any hassles. The handle is made of superior heat-resistant material and an indicator that turns red when it’s excess heat and turns black again when it’s minimal heat, which adds to your safety. It also includes an induction base that makes it suitable for both induction and gas-based cooktops. The channel around the outer edges inside the pan will help you retain excess fluids and oils and allow them to flow through the pour spout available on the pan to give you an optimal result.
- Comes with 1 year of warranty.
- The extra thick foundation is energy-efficient.
- It comes with a heat-resistant handle for protection.
- 3 layer non-stick coat allows cooking with limited oil.
- The choice of a heat indicator is an outstanding feature.
- It’s a bit pricey compared to some.
- Due to the die-cast body, it’s inconvenient to stack it as large.
3. Impex RUBY 2824 Die-Cast Non-stick Aluminium Double Grill Pan
- In the case, the kit contains 1 grill pan.
- The key benefit is that it can be flipped and cooked on both sides for intelligent preparation.
- Simple to tidy / wash and dishwater oriented.
- Manufactured with die casting procedure for heavy-duty use.
- Comes in two colors: dark brown and light brown.
- The handle is ergonomically built for tight gripping.
- Equipped with an inductive framework for adaptability
- It has a non-stick layer that requires minimal heat only.
- The handle is heat resistant to enhanced comfort and protection.
- It is also fitted with silicone pressure packaging, which exerts pressure to minimize heat and eliminates smoke and odor.
This is a relatively new brand since it is not a common brand compared to its predecessors. Although you might use any grill pan to grill your meat and other things, this pan makes it a lot simpler as it comes with dual side cooking since it can be flipped and used for full flexibility. This Impex grill pan is made from a special die casting process for added durability.
The pan is also equipped with an ergonomic handle for enhanced stability and is fully heat-resistant for extra protection. The distinguishing feature of this pan is that it is fitted with a silicone pressure packing for sufficient pressure and for cooking with minimal heat. It also eliminates the excess smoke and smell that creates discomfort during the session. This pan is also very simple to clean and take care of as you can use a sponge or a cloth with the cleaning material you need to rinse it off for regular cleaning. Moreover, it is dishwater-friendly.
- It is also ideal for a dishwasher.
- Comes with a magnetic lock handle.
- Dual side cooking body for enchanted finesse.
- The handle comes with heat-resistant material.
- The silicone pressure packing exerts pressure and reduces heat to conserve energy.
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other products.
- It does not fully help dry frying without a little bit of oil.
4. Wonder chef Royal Velvet Aluminium Grill Pan
- It’s simple to clean and take care of it.
- Marble finishing will offer a sleek look to your kitchen.
- Works with various types of furnaces or cooking utensils.
- It comes with an ergonomic handle for a comfortable hold.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty against manufacturing issues.
- It is fitted with high-quality virgin aluminum for better thermal conductivity.
- The healthy non-stick coat is 5 layer MetaTuff, which is resistant to scratching.
- You can cook all sorts of food items regularly as a multi-purpose pan.
- High thermal stability guarantees safe cooking and eliminates all sorts of harmful substances.
This is the second product of the same company, Wonderchef, in this post. This company, as mentioned earlier, is headed by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. This is an affordable pan when compared to others. Quality levels and marble finishing are at a whole new stage, giving you the best user experience and making your kitchen shiny. The available two spouts will drain the excess liquids.
Wonder chef ensures that their utensils are robust and reliable as they come with “5 Level professional Grade MetaTuff non-stick coating” for minimal oil cooking and even heat distribution. As they are subject to all sorts of tests to ensure a healthy life. They also bear in mind the essential health requirements, as they are free of PFOA, and other toxic substances during heating. You can rely on this for your day-to-day meals, as you can prepare all sorts of food items for a complete experience.
The soft-touch ergonomic handle provides a non-slipping, powerful hold. These cooking appliances are designed to be ideal for ceramic cooktops, gas stoves, infrared cooktops, and induction cooktops. It’s easy to wash and take care of it. It also comes with a positive Wonder Chef assurance that you will be guaranteed a free service against malfunctions in regular use during the general service duration.
- Guaranteed by an outstanding two-year warranty.
- The handle is ergonomically built for a superior grip.
- It’s a daily pan and quick to clean, with a more sophisticated approach.
- The 5 layers non-stick coating is scratch-resistant and needs minimal oil only.
- Made from high-quality virgin aluminum for energy savings and rapid cooking.
- The quality of the color of the product can be improved.
5. Alpha Global Induction Base Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Package includes-1 piece of the square grill pan.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain.
- The pan is suitable for different types of grills, induction, and gas-based cooking utensils.
- Made with cast iron for heavy-duty applications.
- Non-toxic as it does not react to acidic food products.
- It’s a multi-purpose pan for daily use that helps to do a lot of stuff.
- It gives you a higher level of heat distribution and uniform heat retention.
- It is equipped with a small one-side outlet to drain excess liquids, oil, etc.
- They are suitable for improved performance because they are oven cordial.
- Pre-seasoned for the production of a non-stick layer without any artificial coating.
Alpha’s global non-stick cast iron grill pan is also a relatively new brand in this article. The pan is made of cast iron for improved toughness and to withstand higher temperatures. The most significant feature of this pan is that it is pre-seasoned and naturally produces a non-stick layer without the aid of oil or fats or any other artificial coating. And the seasoning is often done to protect the cast iron from rust. It’s easy to clean, too, and if you treat it well, it’ll last a long time.
These products will be compatible with any oven and are oven-friendly, but some ovens can pose issues, so please refer to the spec sheet for clear info before using it. It can be used for daily cooking with a variety of food products. The pan is ideal for different types of grills, inductions, campfires, and gas stoves.
Its superior uniform heat distribution and rapid heat retention also provide optimum efficiency. Nor does it react with acidic foods that emit toxic products that are hazardous. It also has an improved outlet on one side to remove excess oil and fat for healthy consumption. So this pan is a must for you to enjoy the outdoor gill indoors.
- Made of cast iron for better strength.
- Suitable for various types of heat burners or stoves.
- The outlet on one side flushes out unwanted fluids and oil.
- These products can be used in the oven and are oven-friendly.
- It is generally pre-seasoned for the production of non-stick layers without synthesized coating.
- The handle is less ergonomic especially in contrast to most others.
Is a Grill Pan Worth Buying in India?
For many people talking about grill pans, the subject is confusing or unfamiliar. But there’s nothing to be confused about because it’s an important decision that we have to make. The real problem arises when you start comparing a grill pan with an outdoor grill, which is like comparing Messi or Ronaldo with some third rated players, which is not absurd and dumb.
Products are therefore entirely consumer-based, as each product meets the basic needs and requirements of the consumer, and each consumer has a different taste, as no one is the same when it comes to ideas and thinking, as each one is unique in his/her way. And it also depends on what you want to cook and what is your choice or taste of the product, as a grill can be a treasured addition to your kitchen or a waste of money and effort.
Understanding what the grill pan is for you should be the ultimate deciding factor whether or not you have to go for one.
So if you ask me, I’m a person who enjoys cooking in front of a fully lit grill outside, while watching the meat and crunchy fried vegetables being sacrificed in the flames to deliver us mouth-watering food that night. But, sadly, I don’t have the blessing of owning one.
This feeling of disappointment led me to the idea of whether or not I should invest in a grill pan. So this led to mixed feelings when I asked my friends and consulted my close peers, as some told me to do, but others said it was a waste of time. So when you buy it, keep those pros in your mind.
Advantages of Having a Grill Pan
The main pro of the grill pan is its utter accessibility because I don’t have to go outside, set up things, and then clean up the whole part. So the grill pan helps me do all those things with the help of the stove, and the setup is ready with the pan, so when compared to an outdoor grill I don’t have to wait until I get the right temperature, and I’m setting up the coal. So a grill pan lets me enjoy mouth-watering, crispy signature grilled food in my home with minimal set-up.
And another highlight is that the best grill pans come with a non-stick coating so that you only need minimal oil when cooking, so let’s kiss goodbye to an unhealthful lifestyle. And you can also flip food items with ease, as you’re equipped with a firm grip ergonomic handle.
Grill pan vs Skillet vs Frying Pan
The grill pan has raised faces in an attempt to imitate the grill-you will have these grill marks in your food that are so satisfying to see, and the food will not be placed in its fats or liquids, because the excess fluids can drain out with the available beams.
The only real difference is that the skillets are slightly deeper than the frying pans. Because stews are mainly used to smother thick sauces and curry, they have a lid.
They are accessible in multiple cookware materials, but cast iron is the most commonly used.
Instead of that, the frying pan is flat on the floor and is particularly used for frying and flaming. It doesn’t have a lid, so it’s best to grill high-heat with deep and intense frying.
Most of the pans are made of stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
5 Things to Check Before Buying a Grill Pan
1. Size of Grill Pan
You’ll find pans in a variety of sizes, as each one has its own needs. While larger pans seem to be worth serving a large number of people, or when guests arrive, it will take more space in your kitchen as it offers less flexibility, so choose wisely.
2. Shape of Grill Pan
As several conventional skillets are round, the grill pans are square. Since the grilled food is to be cooked on a flat surface, the square pan offers more room for cooking, as the corners hold and keep warm.
3. Structure Materials
You will also find pans coming in a variety of materials as different pans are made with different components. The cast-iron pan may be suitable for induction cooktops, but it is a bit bulky. Whereas aluminum pans have a non-stick coat and are significantly lighter but most aluminum pans are not supported by induction cooktops. Cast iron cookware has also tremendous advantages.
4. Design of the Handle
The longer the handle the less hot it will be, but the longer it will also add weight to the pan. However, adding the helper handle would aid greatly in lifting heavy pans by spreading the weight equally. Nowadays, the pans have a heat-resistant handle and are also fitted with an indicator that monitors the amount of heat for safety purposes.
5. Cleaning and Maintenance
This is the most important aspect, as non-stick cookware is easier to clean but the use of rough components or rugged materials can ruin it. Undercoated pans may respond to more vigorous scrubbing, but due to the lack of a non-stick coating, food sticks are hard to clean. Some of them are also dishwasher friendly, making your job quick.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of buying a grill pan?
The convenience and versatility are the biggest advantages when it comes to buying a grill pan, as you don’t have to worry whether the weather or lack of an outdoor grill will ruin your weekend atmosphere. Make an outdoor grill experience indoors with a grill pan, as it will save you the intensive setup procedure if you had an outdoor grill.
Can a grill pan be used on an induction or gas stove?
Some pans are made with an induction base with extra thickness to allow the use of induction powered cooktops, with this being said some are compatible and some are not so to know the precise details about this, read the user manual when you purchase the product for improved performance.
Is a grill pan dishwasher safe?
Primarily, look at the product whether you find a dishwasher-safe stamp or sticker. Most of the pans have a marking on the handle or some other position like the bottom of the product. For example, stainless steel pans are safe for the dishwasher, aluminum pans are not safe.
A grill pan is also useful for cooking vegetables, cheeseburgers, patties, bacon, toasts, and making a good sandwich, as well as all meat, steaks, and a lot more.
So if you’re a fan of grilled food, and you can’t afford an outdoor barbecue or some other kind of weather that has disturbed your outdoor environment. The purchase of the best grill pan in India is an important decision as it offers added comfort and flexibility. This article will help you select the right grill pan in 2021 as it covers all the features, analysis, and purchase guides, so you don’t have to lose your mind selecting one, so we’re there to help you.
- Best Cutlery Set Brands in India
- Best Hard Anodized Cookware Brands in India
- The Best Tawa for Dosa in India
- Review of Best Ceramic Cookware in India
- Best Stainless Steel Cookware in India
Hi! I Koyeli. I am an author of Bestcookware. I have 10 years of experience in cooking with various types of cookware. In these years I think I have dabbled into almost all aspects of cookware and have always struggled to get the correct information about them. So, I decided to combine all my experience into this blog and have covered many topics about cookware. If you have a question, comment here or contact me.