Nothing sounds and smells better than the food getting cooked. And nothing feels worse than the freshly prepared food sticking to the cookware. After all, we all have our plates to have food with the perfect taste and feel.
So, what is the solution for the same?
The answer is nonstick cookware.
But which nonstick cookware brand to choose for 2021?
India has a vast list of good cookware brands competing in the market. Customers have to go through the hustle of selecting an ideal one amongst the lot. After using and researching several products, I find Hawkins Futura cookware is India’s best non-stick cookware. But let’s get a broader overview. Let’s look at some of the ideal nonstick cookware and its aspects.
Top 5 Nonstick Cookware in India (2021)
|Hawkins Futura Non Stick Cookware Set||Tawa, Deep Fry pan, Multi-Purpose Pan||Check On Amazon|
|Prestige Nonstick Cookware Set||Kadai, Omni Tawa, Fry Pan||Check On Amazon|
|AmazonBasics Nonstick Cookware Set||Fry Pans, Sauce pans & Casserole Pan||Check On Amazon|
|Cello Prima Non Stick Cookware Set||Dosa Tawa, Fry Pan, Kadai with Lid||Check On Amazon|
|Nirlon Non Stick Cookware Set||Roti Tawa, Deep Kadai with Lid||Check On Amazon|
Best Non Stick Cookware Sets in India
After long research, I have selected these Indian cookware sets as they are highly durable, built with good quality material, and affordable. I will discuss some of the best aspects of each product. I will also label out some of the pros and cons associated with them.
1. Hawkins Futura Non Stick Cookware Set – My Pick for 2021
- Even heat conductivity
- A hard-anodized bottom surface
- More durable than ordinary non-stock products
- Not compatible with induction cooking
- 2.5-liters all-purpose pan
- 2-liters deep fry pan
- 26cm wide Tawa
- Ergonomic type handles
- Faster healing time
- 2-years warranty on the entire set
NO LIMIT TO COOKING
The Hawkins Futura nonstick cookware set guarantees a lot of cooking capacity. The collection has a 2.5-liters all-purpose pan. You also get a 2-liters deep fry pan and a 26cm full tawa. Hence, you can easily prepare meals for a large family and with enough ingredients.
EXCELLENT GRIP FOR MORE COMFORTABLE HANDLING
The Hawkins Futura nonstick cookware set has an excellent handle design. These are of the ergonomic type. Hawkins guarantees that you can handle the cookware with ease. Use every twist necessary to make the required cooking texture.
GOOD HEAT CONDUCTIVITY
Ideal cookware will heat up fast and efficiently. The fast heating reduces the cooking time. Hawkins Futura’s nonstick cookware set has fast and even heat conductivity. Even heat distribution allows a more efficient cooking process. The bottom of the product is hard anodized to make it long-lasting with better conduction of heat. (Also Read: Best Hard Anodized Cookware Brands in India)
- Three different products in the entire set.
- Even heat distribution throughout the cookware.
- The whole collection is more durable than other nonstick cookware sets.
- The cookware heats up very fast.
- Not compatible for induction stoves but ideal for gas stove cooking.
- The entire set has two lids because the tawa does not need a lid.
WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT?
When it comes to cookware, the brand name of Hawkins is enough. With the durable design and even heat distribution, the brand does deliver this best non-stick cookware in India with pans. You cannot go wrong when selecting Hawkins cookware products.
2. Prestige Omega Deluxe Nonstick Cookware Set
- Provided with an induction base
- Ideal for cooking over a gas stove
- Nonstick surface has three layers
- Cookware set designed with aluminium material
- Teflon coating provided
- 24cm wide frying pan
- 25cm wide Omni Tawa
- 24cm wide kadhai with glass lid
- Good grip owing to sturdy handles
- 1-year warranty on the product
EXCELLENT HANDLING ENSURED
Fine cooking required expert handling. The last thing we want is the ingredients falling out of the cookware. Prestige guarantees that with sturdy handles. This makes the cookware easy to grip.
DEDICATED DESIGN FOR BETTER RESULT
Prestige always focuses on the best product. The nonstick cookware set has three layers of coating. These layers get designed using aluminium. As a finishing touch, a Teflon coating completes the design of the cookware.
- Compatible with both induction and gas stove.
- Three-layer nonstick design.
- Teflon coating provided.
- Excellent grip due to sturdy handles.
- 1-year warranty on the set which is pretty standard in the market.
- The cookware set noticeably lack lids although the kadhai has a glass one.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS PRODUCT?
This is one of the few cookware compatible with both induction and gas stoves. Furthermore, the nonstick surface has three layers. This makes the product sturdy and durable.
3. AmazonBasics 15-piece Nonstick Cookware Set
- 15-pieces cookware in the entire set
- Spiral bottoms for even heat distribution
- Not compatible with dishwashers
- Vented glass lids
- Soft-touch riveted handles
- Cookware body crafted using aluminium
- Cookware designed to be BPA-free
- Teflon coating provided on cookware
- 1-year warranty on the set
AN IMPRESSIVE COOKWARE
This set comprises 15 different pieces of cookware. These include two separate saucepans with lids and frying pans. You can also enjoy two casserole pans with various capacities. Lastly, there is a five-piece utensil set that adds more efficiency to the cooking making it one of the best non-stick cookware for Indian requirements.
EFFICIENT COOKING PROCEDURE
Many of the products in the cookware set come with vented glass lids. This prevents the steam from accumulating and also gives you a view of the cooking. Each product has its body crafted using aluminium. A finishing touch of Teflon coating completes the design of each product.
- Even heat distribution guarantees efficient cooking
- Handles have a riveted design for more comfortable handling
- Vented glass lids prevent steam from accumulating
- 15-pieces of cookware allows you to expand your menu easily
- Not compatible with induction cooktop but with electric and gas ovens
- Products not suitable for dishwasher but with hand wash
WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT?
The all-in-one feel of the product is merely marvelous. The 15-piece set is the complete collection needed for good cooking. Add to it the many positive features that get integrated into the design.
4. Cello Prima Non Stick Cookware Set
- Durable tempered glass lids
- Steam vents in lids
- Compatible with induction cooktops
- Compatible with gas stoves
- Cookware crafted using high gauge aluminium
- Handles with sturdy bakelite design
- 22cm diameter fry pan
- 28cm diameter dosa tawa
- Kadhai with a capacity of 2-liters
- 1-year warranty on the entire set
ENHANCED COMPATIBILITY FOR MORE COMFORTABLE USE
This cookware set is compatible with both induction cookers and gas stoves. Such a feature makes it different from the rest featured in this article. The feature also adds to the portability of the cookware.
SUPERIOR PRODUCT QUALITY
Being nonstick, the cookware gets crafted using aluminium. This is complemented with a Teflon coating as well. Tempered glass is no stranger in the world of mobile phones. It protects the phone from external damage and increases durability. Its usage for the cookware’s lid increases its strength.
- Durable tempered glass lids on the cookware.
- Compatible with both induction and gas stoves.
- Cookware lids provided with steam vents.
- Efficient handling due to sturdy Bakelite handle designs.
- Can be damaged by high heat although even heat distribution is guaranteed.
- 1-year warranty which is very standard in the current market.
WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT?
This is one of the few induction cookware with non-stick property. Add to it the steam vents in the tempered glass lids. This one is guaranteed to be a smart choice on your part.
5. Nirlon Classic Range Non Stick Cookware Set (Tawa and Kadai)
- Even heat distribution for efficient cooking
- Enhanced heat absorption for faster heating
- Non-stock body crafted using aluminium
- Designed for easy cleaning
- Bakelite handles for more comfortable handling
- 2.25-litres and 2.6-litres capacity deep kadhai
- 28.5cm wide Tawa
- Suitable for cooking over gas stoves
- Cookware crafted with a scratch-free design
- 1-year warranty on the product
BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED DESIGN
Nirlon has focused on elegance and perfection when it comes to this set. The bodies get crafted using excellent quality aluminium. They are guaranteed to be scratch-free. Furthermore, the handles have a bake-lite design for secure handling.
IDEAL FOR STOVE COOKING
Many say cooking over the stove gives the food a better texture. If you believe the same, this cookware set is the one for you. It gets designed for efficient cooking over the gas stove. The robust aluminium surface ensures even heat distribution.
- Even heat distribution for better cooking.
- Quick heating time for a faster cooking process.
- Efficient handling because of bale-lite handles.
- Scratch-free sturdy aluminium surface ensures the durability of the product
- Not suited for induction stove but ideal for gas stoves.
- 1-year warranty on the product which is standard in the market.
WHY BUY THIS PRODUCT?
In terms of durability, this product might be the best on the list. The sturdy scratch-free surface ensures its long run. If you prefer cooking on gas stoves, this is the best non-stick cookware for your preference.
Buying Guide for Non-Stick Cookware in India
The selection of the best nonstick cookware depends on your requirements as a customer. Only after analyzing these requirements, will you end with the ideal purchase. The following are some of the factors you need to check when buying nonstick cookware.
No matter the type of cookware, they have an individual capacity. In the case of pans, it is the amount they will hold. In the case of tawas, it is the diameter. These get judged as ideal based on the need of the customer.
If you have a large family, large-capacity cookware will be ideal for you. Similarly, a low requirement of daily cooking makes a low-capacity cookware ideal. You can quickly learn about the capacity of individual cookware from the packaging. Consider it before you make a purchase.
When choosing any product, safety is a prominent factor. The safety of Non-Stick Cookware is very vital. This is most evident when purchasing cooking products. In the case of nonstick cookware, first, check the handle design. If it seems suitable for you, then go for the other things like material, capacity, or design that you need to consider.
Furthermore, nonstick cookware comes with a Teflon coating. The coating disintegrates on the application of intense heat. The result is the generation of toxic chemicals. Hence, opt for cookware with good Teflon coating and high heat tolerance.
How a product gets crafted and developed slowly affects the final product. Cheap nonstick cookware has faulty designs backing them. The result is uneven heat distribution and inefficient cooking.
Look for cladded cookware when buying nonstick ones. To be precise, look for 5-ply metal cladding products. Such a design offers a more layered product. You can enjoy excellent performance and even heat distribution.
I do not mean you have to reconsider your lifestyle. Instead, choose a product that matches your lifestyle. If you cannot afford a lot of time and effort to clean, choose easily cleanable cookware. You can also choose one that is compatible with a dishwasher.
Also, check the heating time. Even heat distribution and heat absorption will decrease the heating time. As a result, the cooking time will also get reduced significantly. If your lifestyle is strict to a schedule, select such a product.
We all want durable products. In the case of nonstick cookware, check the constituent materials. Typically a metal or copper cookware is more durable than a ceramic one. The process used to develop the products also has a substantial influence on this.
Also, check the heat tolerance level of the cookware. One with a more considerable heat tolerance is bound to be more durable.
The Heating Source
Take into consideration the heating source you have back home. Some nonstick cookware is compatible with both induction and gas stoves. Others have specific compatibility.
If you have an electric or a glass-bottom stove, choose the product accordingly. Selecting the wrong cookware will only result in the wastage of money.
This might not be very applicable for nonstick cookware. Regardless, consider it. A warranty period will get you covered on any damages within the specific period.
A more extended warranty will only increase the long-lasting of the product. So take the factor under considering making the ideal purchase.
Price is one factor that goes without saying. When you are paying too much for cookware, then check whether it meets your requirements or not. Cheap cookware does not tend to last very long. They get crafted implementing faulty design as well.
So, a bit of expensive cookware will be the ideal choice. But remember to check the specifications and the features before purchase. Make sure they justify the price demanded.
Nonstick Cookware Cleaning Tips
Cookware is as ready as the next cooking as the cleaning gets done. It is necessary to clean your nonstick cookware properly.
Since the food doesn’t stick and burn, cleaning is particularly hassle-free. However, some tips can be helpful.
- Never use dishwasher soap for your nonstick cookware. It destroys the surface. As a result, it will lose its nonstick feature.
- Hand washing your cookware is the best option. However, some can get cleaned in a dishwasher. Such features are there on the packaging.
- Warm soapy water is ideal for the cleaning. Soak your nonstick cookware in the water for some time. Then proceed to hand wash it.
- After washing, dry the cookware with a dry cloth or towel. Do not put the wet cookware away.
If you follow these tips precisely, effort and time for cleaning and maintenance of the non stick cookware can be significantly reduced.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is nonstick cookware made of?
The nonstick feature of nonstick cookware lies in its design. This cookware has either stainless steel or aluminium as a constituent. After that, a layer of Teflon gets applied which creates a non-stock nature. The layers of each component vary from product to product. Depending on the amount used, the addition of Teflon often makes high heat harmful to these products.
Is nonstick cookware safe to use?
Yes, nonstick cookware is safe to use. Generally, users are concerned about the use of Teflon in this cookware. This is when subjected to high heat can generate harmful chemicals. The level of such heat is generally not needed for daily cooking.
Otherwise, you can choose a product with high heat tolerance. Such specifications are there on the product details.
Can nonstick cookware be used on gas or induction stoves?
Some of the best non-stick cookware for Indian cooking can get used on both gas and induction stoves. Otherwise, the products are best for a specific kind of oven. It depends on the manufacturing brand and the product line.
The products with an induction base are ideal for induction ovens. The other ones are ideal for cooking on gas stoves.
Can a nonstick pan be put in an oven?
Nonstick pans get used in ovens. However, it is inadvisable to do the same. Such cookware comes with a Teflon coating. Teflon under the application of high heat tends to get damaged.
If you want to use the pan in an oven, make sure to check the heat tolerance. Make sure the container has either ceramic, or aluminium, or copper, or stainless steel as its constituent.
How long can nonstick cookware last?
Nonstick cookware is very durable. The durability of the products generally depends on their design. In most cases, these products have multi-layered bodies. The bodies get crafted using sustainable materials.
Additionally, the Teflon cover is durable as well. If not subjected to high heat, the Teflon cover can last a long time. Generally, nonstick cookware lasts about five years.
Nonstick cookware has changed a lot about cooking. Indian cooking, especially, is way more comfortable now and hassle-free. The selection best non-stick cookware for you depends entirely on your requirements and budget. To ease the process, you can also follow my recommendations.
So before purchasing, analyze your needs, check the factors I have mentioned in the buying guide. Get an idea about the cooking you are trying to do. Only then will you end up with best buy.
Indeed there are a lot of options in the Indian market today. To learn about them online and get feedback use the results when purchasing non-stick cookware.
- Best Cast Iron Cookware in India (Review & Buying Guide)
- Complete Buying Guide for the Best Ceramic Cookware in India
- 5 best Tawas for making Dosa
- 5 Best Cutlery Set Brands in India
- All About the 5 Best Grill Pans in India
- Cast Iron Vs Stainless Steel Vs Non-stick Cookware