Most of the stainless steel cookware is dishwasher-friendly. So the users do not have to go through the hassle of cleaning them if they own one. However, such cookware can be cleaned easily using a hand. The following are some of the tips to clean stainless steel cookware.
You may also encounter the burning of stainless cookware due to overheating several times. It is really a pain when the dark patches appear on the surface that is hard to remove. In this article, we are going to help you to get the necessary counter-measure.
Clean Stainless Steel Cookware with Hands
- You can clean burnt food from your cookware using boiling water, vinegar, and baking soda—ideally, 1 cup of vinegar and one tbsp. Baking soda can be used to clean the cookware. Salt and lime can also be used to clean burnt food. You can easily clean the burnt utensils easily at your home.
- Burn marks can also be cleaned using baking soda, vinegar, and boiling water. Burnt oil can be cleaned using baking soda as well.
- To remove discoloration of your cookware, use vinegar or tomato sauce. This will get the original color of the cookware back.
- When boiling water in stainless steel cookware does not add salt until the water is boiling, the addition of salt before this can lead to corrosion of the cookware surface.
Also Read: Best Stainless Steel Cookware in India
Dishwasher Cleaning Procedure for Stainless Steel Cookware
- Before starting the operation, discard any food residue from the cookware surface to ease and ensure better cleaning.
- If the instruction manual says you need to prewash the utensils, do it now. Otherwise, just follow the next steps.
- Next, place the cookware on the bottom rack of the dishwasher or a suitable place mentioned on the user manual. Generally, most of the reputed brands recommend putting them on the bottom rack as we have suggested.
- Use a detergent like Pril Kraft Dish Washing Liquid that can clean up tough oil stains with ease. Put it in a suitable quantity into the detergent dispenser.
- Select suitable settings from the control panel of the dishwasher and turn the switch on. It will take some time to complete the operation.
- Once the process of cleaning is completed, turn off the dishwasher and take out the utensils.
How to Clean Heavily Greased and Burned Stainless Steel Cookware?
Many housemakers face this problem often that is quite troublesome. Most of us use abrasive steel wools or scrub with scotch brite to clean up the mess. But that is a wrong approach and laborious. It can also damage the shiny finish of the stainless steel cookware. We recommend the following method to clean heavily greased and burned stainless steel cookware.
- First, put a suitable quantity of baking soda (2-4 tablespoons depending on the cookware size) all over the burnt surface of the cookware.
- Next, pour 1-2 glass of water in the burnt pan or pot.
- Heat the cookware with medium flame for 5-10 minutes and let the water boil.
- After sometime when the water tends to overflow, turn the oven off and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- When this is done, wash the cookware with normal water and see if the burned and greased stains are removed. If it is not, repeat the same process.
- Finally, use a good detergent and clean the cookware by hand or any non-abrasive scrubber. This will guarantee proper hygiene and cleanliness.
Here is a video to help you get the idea visually. Follow these steps properly. It will get your pans cleaned in a very short time without making much effort.
Tips to Clean the Bottom of the Stainless Steel Pans
Dark burning stains at the bottom of the cookware are very common that you must take care of. These stains are actually different than the greasing and burning that we have elaborated on above. It mostly happens due to prolonged and exposed burning of the oily substance present at the bottom. A heavy bottom stainless steel cookware in India can give more flexible options to you.
Follow these simple tips to get rid of the problem quickly.
- Make the pan upside down and spread baking soda all over the bottom surface.
- Pour vinegar on the baking soda and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- After some time take a steel wool scrubber and scrub the burnt surface hard.
- If it is insufficient, then add more baking powder and vinegar and continue scrubbing.
- Depending on how tough the stains are, you may notice the black burning spots are getting away.
- Once they are gone, use normal detergent powder to clean the surface up.
- Finally, wash your stainless steel cookware with water at room temperature.
Cleaning and maintenance of every cookware is a very vital part of our everyday routine. Cleanliness contributes to the stainless steel cookware being safe for the consumption of food with maintaining proper hygiene. Most of the good cookware brands manufacture their products with high-quality stainless steel that relieves headaches of the users in terms of cleaning and maintenance too. Apart from the ideas and recommendations in this article, share your secret process to clean the cookware with us in the comments below!
Hi! I Koyeli. I am an author of Bestcookware. I have 10 years of experience in cooking with various types of cookware. In these years I think I have dabbled into almost all aspects of cookware and have always struggled to get the correct information about them. So, I decided to combine all my experience into this blog and have covered many topics about cookware. If you have a question, comment here or contact me.